These cinnamon sugar almonds are so delicious and easy to make! They are the perfect holiday treat, appetizer, crunchy snack or salad topper.
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Almonds are a sweet and crunchy treat the whole family will enjoy. Don’t like or have any almonds? Try pecans instead! This recipe is very flexible, feel free to customize it and make it yours.
These Slow Cooker Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Almonds are the perfect snack for anytime of year, but they are perfect for gift giving and holiday parties. I love to give pass them out to friends and family with our Christmas cards. Everyone always loves them!
And as an added bonus, you will absolutely love the way they smell up the entire house. It’s positively delightful! And, of course, they are Gluten Free/Dairy Free which is always a win in my house!
- Sugar-White, granulated sugar
- Brown Sugar-For this particular recipe, I recommend using light brown sugar instead of dark.
- Cinnamon-Provides that delicious cinnamon taste. Organic or good quality is best but again, use whatever you have on hand. I used Aldi’s brand.
- Salt-Helps balance out all the sugar.
- Egg White-The egg white will be the glue to hold the sugars onto the almonds.
- Vanilla-It’s best to use a good quality, pure vanilla, but in this case I used imitation vanilla extract and they still turned out great-so just use whatever you have on hand.
- Almonds–This one is a given. Ha! But the key is, you’ll want to use raw almonds, not salted or already roasted.
- Water-You’ll add a little bit of water to the almonds at the end of the cooking process. It’s what helps create the crunchy coating we all know and love.
Now that you know what we need, lets get cookin!
How To Make Slow Cooker Cinnamon Sugar Almonds:
In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt and set aside.
In a separate bowl whisk together the egg white and vanilla until frothy.
Add the almonds and stir until they are thoroughly coated in the egg white and vanilla mixture.
Next, add the cinnamon sugar mixture to the almonds and toss until completely coated.
Prepare your slow cooker by spraying it with cooking spray.
Add the almonds to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 2 hours, stirring them every 20 minutes.
Once the 2 hours are up add 1/4 cup of water to the almonds. Stir completely to make sure there aren’t any lumps!
Cook for another hour on low, continuing to stir every 20 minutes.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and evenly spread out the almonds to cool and dry on the paper.
That’s it! Enjoy!
Looking for a slow cooker? Find one here!
Needing some more recipes? Find them here!
Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Almonds Made In The Slow Cooker
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg White
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 4 Cups Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Water
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugars, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg white and vanilla until frothy. Add the almonds and coat thoroughly. This will help the sugar stick to the almonds during the cooking process.
- Prepare your slow cooker by spraying it with cooking spray. Add the cinnamon sugar almond mixture to the slow cooker and turn it on low.
- Cook for 2 hours on low, stirring every 20 min.
- After 2 hours ,add the 1/4 cup of water and stir mixture carefully to avoid any lumps. Cook for another hour continuing to stir every 20 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the almonds onto the sheet, separate any that stuck together. Let them cool slightly to harden then enjoy!